A big thank you to Blogger Bash and #SweetSuite as well as the brands for providing us with samples of these games. The descriptions and opinions below are strictly my own. This post may contain affiliate links. #Sponsored
Family game nights are a highlight for our family. We like games in dice form, cards, board games and yes, of course the video game variety. With a recent visit to Blogger Bash, I’ve been introduced to a couple new games that I had to show my family. Here are five of our favorites… with more surely to come. Like I said, we love games!!
1. Rollers – With properties of Yatzi, Rollers is a dice game that incorporates strategy with the luck of the roll. It can easily be played with 2 players or up to 5. Perfect game for families with different age children/players. Plays in approx 30 mins or less.
2. Circuit Maze – Highly interesting and challenging puzzle game, whereby players are building an electric circuit with light up pieces. Multiple challenge levels from beginner to expert. A great collaboration game. Ages 8 to adult
3. Perplexus Mini – Just like the original size, only perfect for small hands or travel. Perplexus is a maze toy, requiring the player to navigate the twists and turns of the maze. Drop this “multi-dimensional tilt-maze fun” into your purse for on-the-go entertainment for your children.
4. Tally Ho – Feels a bit like memory but definitely has a strategic element to it. Tally Ho is great for a family with children 7 and older and plays in less than 30 mins. It is nice that there are no small pieces, just the board and the tiles. Recommended for family game night.
5. Twizmo Words – This cube catches the eye of anyone passing it. Looks like the Rubix Cube but plays quite differently in that Twizmo Words is played with 2 or more players. Players take turns starting with a scrambled cube and the idea is to create a word with a minimum of 4 letters. Any other player can call out a 7 letter word and immediately will the points. Points are awarded for each letter of the word. In our case, we used 3 letter words since Victoria is an early reader/speller. Game play is quick, so if you only have 10 mins, this is perfect to have handy. And, like the Perplexus mini… it fits in a purse or school bag for easy travel.
Love these new games. I’m always looking for something to do with my teenage son, and I can see us playing. Family game night might be revived soon!! thank you
Definitely try Rollers, having older kids. Twizmo reminds me of you and I playing Boggle… so maybe give that a try too. Circuit Maze will give Thomas a run for his money too. Enjoy.
We were SUCH a Family Gaming family when it was just my husband and I. You have JUST reminded me to pick this up again now that we have a 5 year old! Thank you for that :). All of these look like a TON of fun. I could play games for hours, and thanks to Blogger Bash, we definitely have a lot to choose from :). Thanks for linking up! xx
What a sweet comment… thank you. Yes, there are so many amazing options for 5 year olds and not the same old ones from when we were kids. Take a walk down the game isle or try a few of the ones we’ve reviewed. All great stuff.
These are all games I never heard of!! Our family loves playing games on vacation – I will Pin this!!!
Fantastic. Twizmo is perfect for the car or plane, as is perplexus mini…. just drop them in your purse for easy access. Enjoy!
Great picks! Happy Salmon was my fav!
We haven’t tried that one yet. I’ve heard good things from others that have played it. Plus the little bag is so adorable. lol
Can’t wait to check some of these out more!
Rollers is fun but does take a round or two to get complete hang of. Twizmo is easy to just pull out and play. Tally Ho offers more than a match game… and gets players thinking. All good choices.