Get lost in thought as you discover Lost Egypt at The Franklin Institute.
We are die-hard fans of The Franklin Institute. As a young girl, I had visited The Franklin Institute science museum many, many times, through Girl Scouts, class trips and weekend family day trips. We could never get through the entire museum in one day… never. Now I don’t even try. Instead, we purposefully plan our visit, knowing what we want to explore (and of course running through the heart at least four times each visit).
The special exhibits will often call our attention. Exhibits like Titanic, The Art of The Brick and the newest addition: Lost Egypt, where families can explore ancient civilization and customs in a most fascinating way. Get up close to “Annie”, a real human mummy and explore the traditions of making mummies.
The exhibit opens with an interactive game display focused on ancient travel methods using camels, a life-size camel for selfie snapshots and an over-sized floor map of Egypt. Beyond the initial interactive displays, families can experience hands-on exhibits by building a pyramid, reconstructing pottery and learning how significant studying animal bones are to uncovering truths of a lost civilization.
Test your strength and the physics of building a pyramid, use clues to solve mysteries of artifacts and tour actual artifact exhibits dating 2000+ years ago. Puzzles, video and manipulatives afford children and families the opportunity to step back in time and truly appreciate and understand customs, language and traditions of long-ago Egypt.
The Franklin Institute has generously provided 1 Homeroom At Home reader with 2 tickets (1 child/1 adult) for their Camp-In overnight museum experience. This amazing giveaway will close as of 12AM on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 and winner will be contacted via email by 9AM Tuesday morning. The winner must accept and confirm prize by 5PM on Tuesday, February 23rd. Participants must be 18 years of age or older and a US resident. This prize is valued at $97. *Please note* that children must be between the ages of 6 and 13 to participate in Camp-In. For more information please visit The Franklin Institute’s website.
Special discount by calling 215-448-1200 (option 4) and mention promo code MOMCAMP to receive the member’s price – only $45.50 per person.
The Camp-In experience includes extras as follows:
- NEW! Exclusive access to the BRAND NEW SportsZone exhibit!
- NEW! SportsZone Live Science Show!
- Explore the physics of your favorite sports in hands-on workshops.
- Take a gravity defying ride on the Blue Angels Flight Simulator.
- See Dark Universe in the Fels Planetarium and uncover two great cosmic mysteries: dark matter and dark energy.
- See Humpback Whales in the Tuttleman IMAX® Theater and swim alongside these amazing creatures as they leap, twirl, lunge, and splash their way across the giant screen.
- Rooftop sky-gazing through our professional telescopes in the Joel N. Bloom Observatory (weather permitting).
- Enjoy a light continental breakfast.
- PLUS—Explore all of The Franklin Institute’s permanent exhibits including The Giant Heart, Your Brain, Electricity, and more! Traveling exhibits not included
- Souvenir Patch
- Free admission for a year—continue the exploration! Restrictions apply, must show souvenir patch, valid for children 13 and under.
Entry to our giveaway is super simple with additional options for following Homeroom At Home and The Franklin on Facebook and sharing via twitter. Be sure to subscribe to Homeroom At Home’s blog so not to miss a thing.